Friday, March 11, 2016

Socks are evil creatures.

Sometimes I think socks are evil things. 


In fact, I am quite convinced that they are sinister beings, whose only purpose in life is to make me miserable and spend precious time hunting them down.



Image credit: Pixabay.com


Why is it that you take off a pair of socks, put them in washing-machine or tub to be washed and when you bring in the dry clothes, all you have is a bunch of mismatched socks.


I have a whole bag of mismatched socks whose twins I am unable to locate. I do not understand how and why this happen but I do have many theories regarding their behaviour.


One theory is, the socks simply do not get along well and one sock walks away from the clothesline leaving its twin behind.


Or maybe they take revenge from us for keeping them on our smelly feet all day long or squashing them in dirty shoes . When one disappears, you cannot wear the single sock and so they are both saved from a smelly day at work.


Or, maybe, the birds carry them away from my clothesline to make their nests prettier and more cozy. I really cannot think of any other reason for their disappearance.


Do your socks misbehave or disappear like the socks in my household?

1 comment:

Sailorchronos said...

I was beginning to experience this also. What I do is after the wash cycle is done, I remove all the socks and hang them to dry on a wire rack. That way the dryer can't "eat" them.

Motivation is the Fuel for Success

Have you ever bought a book by your favourite author but cannot read it? Started a new project or chore and can’t find any motivation to com...